Sunday, August 30, 2009

Quiet Desperation

Henry David Thoreau made the statement that "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." I believe all of us want to do something significant with our lives but fail to achieve the greatness we seek with our lives. When I look around at the situations around me I see huge stories, life changing stories, but more importantly I see the opportunity for greatness. Many times we want to do something significant with our lives but we want to pick what that something is!!! We want to be president, cure cancer, or picture ourselves pulling someone out of a burning building. However, what if God has called us to significance through our ability to rise about a difficult situation. What if our significance is found in amazing abilities to handle the situations of our lives. I don't want to look back on my life and realize that I miss the opportunity to have done something extraordinary with my life. I don't want to realize that I was called to do something great with the situations of my life and my greatness was forsaken because I missed the blessings right in front of me. I no longer want to look at my trials with quiet desperation but with the resolve to be significant with the life God's given me!
None of this might make any sense but it was running through my mind so I just wrote it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment