Monday, April 20, 2009

Watching Love Grow

I find it amazing and somewhat confusing to know that I love my wife more today than the day I married her. I know how much I loved her then and I was just hoping to hold onto that level of love for a lifetime but the more we grow together, the more I fall in love with her. I want to spend time with her, I want to know what she's thinking, what she likes, what she dislikes. The longer we are married the bolder I am in proclaiming my love for her.
Therefore, I looked around and began to ask myself do I feel the same way about my love for Jesus. Am I deeper in love with my Savior today than the day I meet Him? Do I want to spend more time with Him, do I want to know what He's thinking, what He likes, or dislikes? The longer we maintain a covenant relationship together, am I bolder in proclaiming my love for Him?
Time together reveals truth! The longer we stay in a relationship with someone the more we will reveal our true feeling for the other person. "Puppy-Dog" love can and will only carry you so far and then life and time will reveal truth. I want the best days of my journey with Jesus to be ahead of me! I want to discover greater worship, deeper truths, and far more intimate guidance in the days ahead. I love you Jesus!
PS I love you too, Lori!

1 comment: